We are hiring a brewer!
Brewer / assistant brewer. Full-time.
Start: 1st of March and onward, depending on candidate availability.
As a brewer, you will become a key part of the production team, working in close contact with and under the directions of our head brewer Stefano.
Slowburn is a small but growing brewery and as a team-member we expect you to take part in all the activities needed and be open and flexible towards new tasks that may emerge, be proactive in problem solving and take part in the creative process.
Slowburn Brewing Co-op is a worker-owned, cooperative micro brewery in Hvidovre, Denmark. We opened in August 2019 and currently consists of Stefano Erreni as head brewer and Amalie Knage as administrative octopus and head of sales.
The brewhouse is a very manual 6 hl, 2 vessel setup with a yearly current production capacity of 650 hl/year with a planned growth to 860 hl/year in 2021.
We brew a wide range of beers from pilsners, west coast IPA, hazy IPA to barrel-aged mixed fermentation ales and dark beers. We focus on high quality, drinkability and consistency, and we strive to keep improving the quality of the beer, the processes and equipment with a willingness to experiment and push ourselves as we grow.
As a cooperative we make a lot of decisions collectively, so you will participate in regular meetings. We each have our area of responsibility, but we work together as a close-knitted team to grow the business and make it a fun, exciting and challenging place to be.
- Cellar activities including CIP of fermenters, monitoring of fermentation and dry-hopping
- Wort production
- Kegging and canning
- General cleaning and maintenance of the space
- Participate in organizing and running events at the brewery and, if needed, represent Slowburn at tap takeovers and festivals around the world
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Speak English fluently
- Have experience working in a brewery (minimum 1 year in production).
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and maintaining high quality standards in all areas of beer production.
- Having good practical skills, liking problem solving and creative practical solutions, given the low technological level available in the brewery at the moment.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Physical strength is essential as this job includes continual lifting, dragging, carrying and manipulation of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and requires constant standing, walking, crouching and lifting.
- Be flexible in working time, as brewing in shifts occurs regularly.
Be very passionate about the product and have knowledge about tasting and sensorial analysis.
- Driver's licence.
- Danish language skills
- An education in brewing science or in other scientific fields (biology, chemistry, engineering)
- References from previous employers
- Bartending experience
- Experience with mixed fermentation barrel-aging
- Experience in team-work and collective activities
Please send your CV/resume, a letter of interest and possible references to email@example.com